The Board of Directors of the Hoover City Schools Foundation will be awarding two $1,500 scholarships to 2013 graduates of Hoover High School and Spain Park High School. One scholarship will be awarded to a student at each school. The Foundation
is now soliciting applicants for these scholarships from Hoover High School and Spain Park High School seniors intending to commence their post secondary education at an Alabama junior college or Alabama vocational school.
“Questions and Answers” concerning the program:
Who may apply?
Seniors at Hoover High School and Spain Park High School who plan to attend a 2-year or vocational college (public or private).
How much is the scholarship?
$1,500 (each) – to cover tuition first, with any excess funds available to be used for textbooks, supplies, and other costs directly related to the participation in post-secondary education at the selected 2-year or vocational college.
What are the academic requirements?
A GPA of 2.0 or above.
How do I apply?
- Complete the application and required essay questions. Download the Scholarship Application
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from one of your teachers.
- Attach a copy of your high school transcript to the application form.
- Obtain the required signatures on the application (one parent and your high school counselor)
- Submit the application, and all attachments to Ms. Cindy Bond if you are a HHS student or Mr. Tracy Prater if you are a SPHS student by April 5th, 2013.
Granting Innovative Education In Hoover City Schools