Grants and Scholarships
Information About Hoover City Schools Foundation (HCSF):
At HCSF we believe that investing directly in the creativity and commitment of our teachers is one of the best ways to improve student learning and achievement. The Foundation’s grant program is intended to help foster and support innovative approaches by teachers that enrich learning opportunities for children. The awards, up to $2,000 each, fund innovative classroom projects, programs or activities that might otherwise not be possible because of limited school budgets. The Foundation also typically awards discretionary funds to the principals at each high school to be used for entry fees associated with academic competitions. In addition to the grant program, the Foundation added a new scholarship program that began in 2012. HCSF awarded a $1,500 Impact scholarship to one graduating senior from each HCSS High School. The Impact scholarship program is designed to award scholarships to graduating seniors who plan to commence their post secondary education at an Alabama junior college or an Alabama vocational school.
For additional information on the Hoover City Schools Foundation please go to www.hooverfoundation.org.
- Click here to apply for a grant for 2014-2015
- Click here for an examples of a well-written grant request
- Click here for a complete list of 2012 grant recipients
- Click here for a complete list of 2013 grant recipients
- Click here for Impact Scholarship Application Information
- Click here to read about prior Impact Scholarships Awarded
Granting Innovative Education in Hoover City Schools