Grants and Scholarships
Information About Hoover City Schools Foundation (HCSF):
At the HCSF we believe that investing directly in the creativity and commitment of our teachers is one of the best ways to improve student learning and achievement. The Foundation’s grant program is intended to help foster and support innovative approaches by teachers that enrich learning opportunities for children. The awards, up to $2,000 each, fund innovative classroom projects, programs or activities that might otherwise not be possible because of limited school budgets. The Foundation’s scholarship program began in 2012. The HCSF awarded a $1,500 Impact scholarship to one graduating senior from each HCSS High School. The Impact scholarship program is designed to award scholarships to graduating seniors who plan to commence their post secondary education at an Alabama junior college or an Alabama vocational school.
In 2011 and 2012, the Foundation provided nearly $100,000 for 50 grants and two scholarships to help support a broad, diverse spectrum of educational enrichment activities and post secondary education for Hoover students.
For additional information on the Hoover City Schools Foundation please go to www.hooverfoundation.org.
- Click here to Download the 2013-2014 Grant Application
- Click here for an examples of a well-written grant request.
- Click here for a complete list of 2012 grant recipients
- Click here for a complete list of 2011 winners.
- Click here for Impact Scholarship Application Information
- Click here to read about prior Impact Scholarships Awarded
Granting Innovative Education in Hoover City Schools